Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Chicken Alfredo

Been wanting to replicate Yellow Cab's Chicken Alfredo pasta but I don't have the confidence to do it and never tried searching Google to help me out. Dunno why but I just don't feel like doing it for some odd reasons.

Then here comes the day that there is a special someone who loves Chicken Alfredo from the same food chain. No questions asked, went to google and read some blogs as to how they are doing it, Yellow Cab style.

Saw a lot of suggested ingredients and replacements but I trusted my own memory when i'm ordering this.

Went to the nearest supermarket, and grabbed the following (again based on my memory). :)

  • Pasta
  • Chicken Breast fillet
  • Black Olives
  • Spring Onions
  • White Pepper
  • Heavy Cream
  • Butter Butter Butter
  • Olive Oil
  • Parmesan Cheese (grated)
  • and the most important one... Garlic Powder!
Now the procedure:
  1. Marinate he cubed chicken breast with garlic powder, salt and white pepper for 30 mins.
  2. Heat the pan and sauté the marinated chicken in olive oil until the meat is tender.
  3. Add heavy cream and let it simmer for 10 minutes while stirring slowly. NOTE: don't over cook the cream as it will start to curdle.
  4. Put the grated Parmesan cheese and pleeeeease be generous with this. Let it simmer again for another 5 mins until the cheese and cream are well mixed. 
  5. Add half a stick of butter and continue stirring it until the butter is well melted. You can add more Garlic powder based on your liking. Then add the black olives.
  6. Of course, salt and WHITE pepper to taste.
Tadah!


Another tip is to make sure you serve this immediately cos for me, it doesnt taste good after 30 minutes. :)

That "Special Someone's" verdict....? hmmm not sure.... said it was good. I think I missed the chili flakes from Yellow Cab. lol

Next on my list is the very famous Charlie Chan also from Yellow Cab. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment