Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Garlic Shrimp in Sun-dried Tomato

We scheduled another date, like what we used to do. I want this to be different since we are always looking for a restaurant to have a nice lunch or dinner. So i decided to surprise him. Early morning I went to the market to get something to prepare for him as a surprise. 

I don't know which one, I don't know what he might like. I just know that he really like shrimp, actually he likes prawns better but since I cant find any, I went for shrimp instead. 

So I planned on being safe to make sure he will like it. Grabbed the following:
  • Lots of Shrimp of course
  • Sun-dried Tomatoes (bottled)
  • Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Pasta
I prepared the shrimp first while boiling the water for the pasta. Once done sauteed lots of garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Then took the bottle of sun-dried tomatoes and got like 5 pieces, i think per piece is a whole of 1 tomato. Cut it in to strips and sauteed it with the garlic, after few seconds I added the shrimp until its cooked. 

I found these new spices in the market, White Pepper Corn and Italian Herbs from All Natural, I find this great cos it comes with a grinder so you wont feel the dried leaves or pepper corns mixed with your pasta. I added these two with salt just to add flavors to the sauteed shrimp.

Here you go!



So I packed it and then he called. I cant help but tell him that I cooked something for him and he's too excited to try. Then we met, unexpectedly, he also cooked something for me. He prepared Igado! Been craving for that too. 

He liked the simplicity of the pasta yet very flavorful. I am glad he liked it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment